Wednesday 2 April 2014

Phlogging some pictures

I feel that if my blogs have been lacking one thing above all up until now then that would be photos. As I don’t have very many things to say, I will put some of those here and this will be a phlog. With captions, maybe. We’ll see how things go.


As it has been two weeks, some things which don’t appear in these quite limited photos have probably happened. Actually pretty much everything I spend time doing is quite difficult to photograph, like uni classes or teaching. But am I really meant to gather the students round at the start of a class and just ask for a quick picture for the phlog? Things I spend my time doing: lessons and teaching and preparation for those two, football, gym, strolling about, going out, watching House of Cards. Percentage of those things appearing in these photos: 14.28. Still, here are some pictures. How do I even do this?

Ok well they're not in anything like a sensible order but let's just run with it. 


This is a canal. It's the one that goes towards uni and most of my teaching so I see a large amount of it.

The first of many of the Church of Spilled Blood but at least in this one Pushkin is kinda showing it to you.

Our quite pleasant walk from The Flat to Nevsky Prospect

This one is definitely the Church of Spilled Blood and a fair amount of the Russian Museum to the right as well.


This guy on the walk to the gym

One of the places I teach. Only about 24 hours after all those sunny pictures and it decided to snow again. Ok.

I'm literally in The Flat right now and should probably take some more pictures but this is one.

Quite like our little Yoda, randomly left for us on the floor just outside The Flat

This is the Kazan Cathedral which I walk past a good few times every day. Not bad. Not Durham / St Paul's standard but not bad.



I know, I know - you've already seen it. But it's a top building and this is what we get the moment we step out of The Flat

Token image of the inside of the gym...

...and the view from a treadmill in there. #pretendingIdocardio

Well, that's gone badly.

One of our haunts. The pool hall.

This was meant to be a great escalator snap. Unfortunately I just got this pole.

Where I teach on Mondays and Wednesdays

Soviet Arcade Game Museum - the number one museum of St Petersburg. What's a hermitage?

Yeah, but at night this time.


Went to a war museum one time.



No comments:

Post a Comment